RPM Discussion Thread

Go down

RPM Discussion Thread

Post  ShukuenShinobi on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:00 pm

So now that RPM is in hiatus till December 19th, let's chat about what's going on so far. Smile
ShukuenShinobi
Admin

Antal indlæg : 452
Geografisk sted : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RPM Discussion Thread

Post  Jedimon on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:37 pm

What's happening so far? Sheer awesomeness on a scale not seen in Power Rangers in years. At least since the return of Tommy if not all the way back to "Countdown to Destruction" in Space. I really hope we see some more of Dr. K's backstory in the last couple episodes. Dillon is awesome. I love Flynn's accent even if it's only for the show. At first I didn't think I was going to like Ziggy, but now I really like him. Gem and Gemma are INSANE, which is really great to watch cause they like to make things go boom. And apparently Scott's dad is played by the same guy who voiced Zeltrax.
Jedimon

Antal indlæg : 442
Geografisk sted : New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CordDragonzord on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:10 pm

I haven't seen a single episode...I'm afraid to see what they did to the Power Ranger franchise.....should I watch it?
CordDragonzord

Antal indlæg : 472
Geografisk sted : Houston, Texas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShukuenShinobi on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:12 pm

You haven't really? Dude you're missing one of the best seasons we've ever had in the history of the franchise.
ShukuenShinobi
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CordDragonzord on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:21 pm

ShukuenShinobi wrote:You haven't really? Dude you're missing one of the best seasons we've ever had in the history of the franchise.

Well, I'm being apprehensive! It's not the first time Disney has totally messed up a season. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't full of fail like Jungle Fury was.

So now I have to see what all of the fuss is about, lol.
CordDragonzord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedimon on Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:49 pm

I highly recommend it. It's a far cry from Mystic Force and That-Which-Shall-Not-Be-Named. It's very similar thematically to Terminator and stuff like that. The actors are actually fairly good this time around. My only complaint is seeing the Engines' mouths move and have nothing come out.
Jedimon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CordDragonzord on Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:08 pm

I guess I'll give it a shot. One thing I noticed though was that one of the male characters reminds me of Shaggy from Scooby Doo.
CordDragonzord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedimon on Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:10 pm

I'm going to warn you right now. He can be very annoying at times, and you may not like him at first. He will (possibly) grow on you over time.
Jedimon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CordDragonzord on Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:21 pm

yeah, I'm sure he will. I've had to deal with annoying characters in the past like....*cough den-o*
CordDragonzord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedimon on Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:34 pm

I happen to love the Imagin. The only one that tended to get on my nerves was Ryuutaros cause of his childishness.
Jedimon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CordDragonzord on Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:37 pm

Jedimon wrote:I happen to love the Imagin. The only one that tended to get on my nerves was Ryuutaros cause of his childishness.

That is who I was talking about.
CordDragonzord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedimon on Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:37 pm

O well in that case ok I agree with you.
Jedimon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KO-35 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:09 am

Definitely one of the best PR seasons, Disney or Saban. Which makes it too bad that nobody is seeing it. Maine just stopped airing it completely a couple weeks ago. Really ticked me off, but then again I rarely was awake enough to remember to watch it at 6am Saturday morning.
KO-35

Antal indlæg : 104
Geografisk sted : Maine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShukuenShinobi on Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:07 am

Also, Ziggy is one of the best characters we've gotten since Bridge. In my mind anyway. But my mind's usually a special place.
ShukuenShinobi
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedimon on Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:18 am

Ziggy's definitely a cut above the past few goofy ass characters we've had in a while and by that I'm looking specifically at Dax and Chip.
Jedimon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KO-35 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:02 pm

Nobody's touched this thread in a while, here are my thoughts on the next to last two episodes.

Wow, these were pretty great episodes.

"If Venjix Won" was kind of a misleading title, I really though it would be like some have said, a simulation of what would have happened if they won. We got a clip show, but at least there was a little character development.

"End Game" was worth the wait. To me, at times, it lingered on epic, as epic as Power Rangers can be that is. Thing is, if Venjix is finally inside the city why does he not just start destroying it. Huge twist with the hyrbids being activated, never expected Hicks and Vasquez. When it finally looks like a huge agvantage for the Rangers finding Venjix's palace, Mr. Virus himself walks into Mason's command room and declares himself leader. I actually can't wait until next week, and I am sorry to see it end.

And next week, are the very last two episodes of Power Rangers.
KO-35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShukuenShinobi on Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:58 am

"If Venjix Won" wasn't a GREAT episode, but it was quite an adorable episode. The chemistry between Ziggy and K continues to grow. I really hope she admits it come the end of the show. I agree though, a "What if?" episode would have been a lot cooler than a clipshow that wasn't really a clipshow,

"End Game" went from boring to epic in seconds. The second Hick's hybrid kicked in, you're left going "Shit, HICKS is a hybrid?" as he walks in and attempts to assassinate Mason Effing Truman with his giant nerf laser gun. What I don't understand, is why they didn't scan Truman's entire staff before they did this, when Scott requested all the non-hybrid soldiers. Though I guess they assumed that Vasquez was so damn useless as a human being, she would probably be useless as a hybrid too.

Too bad Blackbeard the Virus is in Corinth's command tower and the entire city is screwed. We're in for one hell of a good finale.
ShukuenShinobi
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KO-35 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:57 pm

Well, what did everyone think of the ending of RPM?

Well, we can get this all straightened out at Morphicon 2.

Pretty great finale for RPM, but not as epic for a finale of Power Rangers as a whole. Still though, it was good. One thing I might've done was had the show pick up right where End Game left off, with Mason staring down Venjix a little more. I had no problem with Dillon curing himself at the beginning, they needed him to fight. They made good use of the footage, thought not exactly the ending scene for Venjix and I was disappointed that Crunch did not get a good death scene. I did however LOVE the entire scene with Tenaya and Kilobyte although I thought that Kilobyte was just going to delete Tenaya herself right from the tower, but instead he just deleted her weapon and tried to destroy him himself. Didn't work out so well for him. How the heck was Dillon able to morph and fight Kilobyte though after Venjix had just destroyed? Ah well.. When Tenaya went to access the Venjix system I for some reason expected:
K: "Tenaya, have you accessed the Venjix network yet?
Tenaya: "No, there's some sort of password...oh it's ZIGGY."

I took the red flash inside Scott's morpher to be that it was Venjix all along that had powered the Ranger's system, but I guess the idea of him still being alive makes more sense. Maybe they just quarantined him like people do with other serious viruses.
KO-35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down