Overstock Sale

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Overstock Sale

Post  watty577 on Thu May 13, 2010 7:48 pm

Hey, thought I'd ask a question here.
I'm new here and I've seen a couple videos covering the overstock sale, most of them talk about a form you have to fill out if you are interested in one of the items in the sale.
I was really eyeballing the Shinkenmaru/Buckle set. I then saw the "form" message scroll by. I was kind of worried that beings I wasn't able to catch the show, did I miss my chance to "reserve" one (If that's what the form does that is...)?

Basically what I'm getting at is... Is that form used to reserve an overstock item? And if so, when does it show up or how can I access it? Really hope I can get an answer because I've been after a Shinkenmaru for a while.
watty577

Antal indlæg : 13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Overstock Sale

Post  Jedimon on Thu May 13, 2010 7:56 pm

Basically the way it works is that the form is posted through a link on the store. In the form you give your name and e-mail and choose from the list of the available items. Mr. S then takes the lists and gets the items from the wholesaler. E-mails are then sent to the people who submitted a form. The e-mail will give you a time that you can go on the store and purchase the items. The items are on a first-come, first-serve basis, so for example if there are only 4 Den-O Master Pass sets, and you ask for one but are number 5 on the list, then you are out of luck.

The form will be again posted for the third trip to the wholesaler during tonight's show.
Jedimon

Antal indlæg : 442
Geografisk sted : New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  watty577 on Thu May 13, 2010 8:03 pm

It'll show up on the main CSToys store page? Then you fill it out and if you are (using your example) one of the first four to do so, you get the time that the item is going to be avaliable on the store? Or is it that any amount of people can fill it out and get the time, and the first four to get there and order it get it?
Also, has the Shinkenmaru/Buckler form been posted yet?
watty577

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedimon on Thu May 13, 2010 8:30 pm

You fill out the form and submit it when it's posted. Then you have a specific time to get your items. For example, when I ordered from the sale the first time my stuff went on the store at 11:10 PM (in my time zone). Shuki's items went on the store at 11:00 PM (also my time). When your time comes only 1 of each of the items that you asked for will be activated (unless of course there were 4 of something and you were number 5). The list that is posted will be up-to-date with the items that are available, so the shinkenmaru and belt set should be included. Only Mr. S knows for sure what's on there since he is the one updating it.
Jedimon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  watty577 on Thu May 13, 2010 8:36 pm

Are the items you asked for only avaliable to you? Or is it just openly avaliable on the store and you have to get there quick? Sorry for all the questions. >.<
And around what time would the order form be avaliable on the show? The beginning, middle, end?
watty577

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jedimon on Thu May 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Anyone can see them, but no one else will know what time your items are there. I only know Shuki's time cause we're friends, and we discussed it. As for what time tonight, I'm not really sure. My best guess would be 2 PM JST (10 PM CST in US) since that's when a lot of things happen, but again I'm not really sure.
Jedimon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  watty577 on Thu May 13, 2010 8:51 pm

All right! Thanks for all the help. I guess to 100% understand it you have to actually experience it for yourself.
watty577

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ShukuenShinobi on Thu May 13, 2010 11:35 pm

To sum up what Jedimon said:

- Form goes live this evening.
- You fill out the form (your name, e-mail, name on the chat (if you have one), and click on the items you wish to purchase.)
- Mr. S will e-mail you this weekend telling you what items he was able to get for you, and what time they will go live at the store. (example: 10 PM)
- At 10 PM, visit the store, place the items in your cart.
- Check out.

Everyone would be able to see your items, but they do not know the time your items are going on the store, so they will not be purchased. If by some random act they are purchased, the order will not go through, as it does not match the name they have down. No one has ever misbought items before, so no problem.
ShukuenShinobi
Admin

Antal indlæg : 452
Geografisk sted : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top