import tax?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

import tax?

Post  KamenRiderBritannia on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:01 pm

ok, heres the story

last 3 things ive bought off ebay (exclusive figuarts xD) because theyre so expensive, i had to go and collect them from the parcel depot and pay import tax (another £20 out of my pocket :@ grrrr). however, i had bought exclusive figuarts from other ebay sellers before these 3 and not had this problem, so i dont know what the deal is.

obviously it depends on the price i pay for it as well but will i have this problem if i order from cstoys instead of ebay sellers? I live in the UK if this helps.

any people from the UK ordered and had this happen with cstoys????
KamenRiderBritannia

Antal indlæg : 81

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: import tax?

Post  Strikees on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:37 pm

I live in Denmark but around 80% of the items I have purchased from Cstoys had income taxes on them.
I am not 100% sure but sometimes the post office like to take a very close look at what you have bought. And when they do that they take a look at what the Price of the item costs in the Country it gets made in and then they want a certain amount of percentage of that. Atleast that is what the Danish post Office does.
For an example. It was more expensive for me to go get my Shinken-oh at the post Office than All of my blade stuff. But that was All because if the year they were made in (shinken-oh is from 2009 and my blade stuff is from 2004/5). It's funny how thet decide to do it from time to time.

Strikees.

Ps: my writing sucks extra bad today as I am writing from my Iphone.

Antal indlæg : 497
Geografisk sted : Denmark

View user profile http://cstoysjapan.quickbb.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top